Friday 6 August 2010

EVENING IN SEMARANG



Actually we didn't stay at Semarang, but because there was a delay from Mandala, so we a little bit ran out of time. Ray and Van also hadn't tasted Lunpia Semarang yet because it's already closed when we got there. So, I advised them to stay at Semarang, so we could taste Chicken rice at Simpang Lima area and visiting the Black Canyon cafe. They agreed with that, so we checked in first at Nan Yon Hotel at Gang Pinggir street, near China town area. It is located near my old primary school when I was a kid at Semarang. The old hotel still exist because of its location near china town and the rate is cheap with a big room and the bathroom on it. After taking shower, we went to Pandanaran to buy some snacks, then we straight to Black Canyon Coffee which is located in the complex of Hotel Candi Baru at Jalan Rinjani No. 21, Phone (024)8507655 , Semarang. It's a cozy place to relax and so crowded with many youngsters of Semarang. We ordered drinks only, because we're still full and planning to eat chicken rice after it. We were there about 1 hour, drinking and listening to the live music which was performed by a nice girl with a good voice. And then we're leaving to go to Simpang Lima area to find the chicken rice. But, when we're there, there wasn't any seller there. So I decided to take them to gang pinggir, near Nan yon hotel to see if Chicken rice Bu Pini's still there, and yes, there was nobody when we arrived, and finally they tasted the Chicken rice of Semarang. Thanks God, they liked it. I really love chicken rice, even when I am at Jakarta, I always try to find the seller here. After finished eating, we went back to the hotel and had some sleep with full stomach. They slept like a baby.....but not me. Van was snoring all nite long and I couldn't sleep without covering my ear with pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment