Sunday 8 August 2010

THE LUHUR ULUWATU TEMPLE
















We continued the trip to Uluwatu Temple. Officially known as Pura Luhur Uluwatu. Luhur means something of divine origin, while Uluwatu can be broken into ulu which means land's end and watu means rock. To me, this is the most spectacular temple on the island of Bali. The inner sanctum of the pura is perched majestically on the edge of a steep cliff that towers above the legendary surf breaks of southern Bali.
While I'm not too sure what the view is like from within the inner temple itself, but the views I saw, was really best enjoyed on two different vantage points on both northern and southern portions of the area. There are a lot of monkeys here. Precautionary signs have been put at a few places to remind about their aggressiveness. I did not experience any bad incidents with them, but I did take off my black sunglasses as the guide there warning. I think, the sunset viewing at Uluwatu is one of the must-do in Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment