Sunday 8 August 2010

BALI, THE ISLAND OF GODS














The last time I came to Bali on June 1990. I was going there with all my brothers, my cousin Denny, my parents, my grandma, and my grand aunty. We went there by my father's new car at that time, Toyota Kijang, and we continued the journey to Lombok island too.
After all this time, I stepped my feet again in Bali. Together with Ray and Van, the trio fatty arrived at Ngurah Rai International Airport, at 9.40, Bali time. Bali is 1 hour early than Java. After waiting for our baggage, we met the hotel representative that picking us up. Then we went to the hotel. We stayed at Hotel Lusa. The address is at jalan Pantai Kuta - Gang Benesari, Kuta-Bali. Phone (0361)753714. On our way to the hotel, the Bali car rental's owner, Orchid, that I knew from internet, sent me an sms. She asked, if I'm already arrived in Bali or not yet ? She said that her driver named Wayan Surya, had waited at the hotel lobby since 10 o'clock. Soon after checking in, we went to see Wayan and started our journey in Bali. The first place that we came was Feiloon Super Seafood Restaurant, at Jalan Raya Kuta No. 98, Kuta-Bali, phone (0361) 766 308, because we're hungry as hell. The food was just so so, not too special if I compared it with Jakarta's. Then, we went to Tanjung Benoa at Nusa Dua, where almost all Bali's water sports provider take place. We just wanted to see first the sports they provide, so we could considering which one we're going to play. After that, we went straight to see the water blow at Bali Tourism Development Corporation(BTDC) at Nusa Dua area. Wow, the view was so beautiful, and we're taking pictures while enjoying the ambiance for awhile. After seeing the water blow, on our way out, we dropped by at the private beach of one of the hotel there for taking pictures and sight see. Then we continued our trip to Garuda Wishnu Kencana. Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) is a private cultural park on the Peninsula hill at the southern end of Bali. It is located at the limestone plateau with Uluwatu to the west and Nusa Dua to the eastern. Currently, the statue of Vishnu is 23 m high, although the original plan was for a 146 meter gold plated Vishnu riding Garuda on top of an 11 storey entertainment complex. The idea was not without controversy, and religious authorities of the island complained that its massive size might disrupt the spiritual balance of the island, and that its commercial nature was inappropriate. The project is left unfinished just like that until now. We're taking some pictures and bought some souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment